Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boathouse Progress

The roof is almost up.  It would be all the way up by now if it weren't for a snap decision to put an addition on our addition. ;)

It was HOT yesterday and, since most of our work was on the roof, we took a 1/2 day.  After my dedicated workers left, I taped out the perimeter of bar on the floor to determine where everything was going to be located so I could verify my window locations for framing the next day.

The space seemed so small.  I called in an emergency consult, and BW concurred so I requested another 4' be added to the width of the space.  My guys, EJ and AJ, were very patient with the request.  But for not much more in material costs, I will now have much more room inside to play with.

Framed roof - before the 4' addition
Framed roof - before the 4' addition
Framed roof - before the 4' addition
 Doesn't it look small?  Wait 'til tomorrow's progress pics.  The size is much more generous now.

Thanks for reading.  Stay tuned for more progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment