Friday, January 28, 2011

Winter Roadblock

Looking Glass®- Mirror Like Paint
image from Krylon's website



The weather, no power, a broken generator and a broken furnace have prevented me from posting in a few days and have slowed my progress on the "mudroom".  In the meantime, a few of you have commented about liking the oil-rubbed bronze spray paint technique.  If you like that, check this out on Megan's Frugal Farmhouse blog. I haven't tried the mercury glass technique myself but I've wanted to.  I have an old, white, chippy paint mirror that is just waiting to be experimented upon!  I hope I don't have as hard of a time finding the product as Megan did.

And one more thing before wishing you a happy weekend... while looking for vintage twisted wire coat hangars for my mudroom coat rack...

like this...
image from http://www.etsy.com/listing/66477332/8-wire-coat-hooks  
...I accidentally came across these great coat racks.

primitive shelf coat rack hooks wood mason vase jar shabby springy green organizer handmade hat rack coat hooks key holder TRwoodworks
image from TR Woodworks on Etsy
The colors are so much fun and, of course, I'm partial to the Ball jar flower vase!  I MUST have one of these.   It's perfect for my master bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment