Thursday, February 2, 2012

Auction

What a great day to be outside in a field, bidding on all sorts of furniture and accessory treasures.  I came home with a $25 dresser, a reclaimed wood art tray, a folk art shelving unit, and some glass serving ware (courtesy of my talented "picker" sister).

The dresser needs some love in the form of
a new paint finish but it's got great bones.

The patriot stool/shelf is fun and came with the
wood art so I wasn't going to leave it.

It's too cute to cover with different paint but the
patriotic color scheme doesn't work in my house
so I'll be selling it.

Isn't the wood art cool?  It goes nicely with
my piggy clock.

The wood is cut out, painted, and put back together like a
puzzle.  It's inscribed on the back that the wood was salvaged
from an old house in Chestertown, MD before the house
was torn down.

I can' wait for the next auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment